Thursday, September 15, 2016

A Review by Aleah Childers



In Love Letters to the Dead by Ava Dellaira, Laurel, the main character, is struggling to move beyond her sister’s death and her parents’ separation so, she writes letters to the dead about her life relating to the person she is writing to. I saw a mirror in this book when I read it. Like Laurel, I struggle with overcoming trials and keeping things bottled up so, I journal about my trials when I’ve been stuck with something I am not comfortable sharing or keeping to myself. All though I have never experienced getting over a sibling’s death or parents separating, I have had a lot to keep to myself which becomes overwhelming. In the end, Laurel and I learned that overcoming trials is possible if we just take it one day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment